Mon-Fri: 8.30am - 5.00pm

0121 507 8706


Leisure & Hospitality

We offer a range of insurance products for the Leisure & Hospitality industry.

Restaurant Insurance

What is restaurant insurance?

Restaurants are a relatively high risk area from a health and safety point of view. Food handling, fire, spillages, hot plates, serving alcohol, the general public on your premises to name but a few - I’ll stop there as I don’t want to frighten you. But I think that explains why, if you’re running a restaurant, you need restaurant specific insurance.

This kind of insurance is designed to protect you and your business from any eventuality which could damage your business or your patrons.

You are inviting people into your establishment and whatever happens to them while they are there is your responsibility. When they park their cars in your car park, when they eat your food and when they walk to the toilet – it’s all down to you.

What will it cover?

That depends on how much you want to pay. The more you pay the better protection you will get, that’s why it pays to speak to our specialist restaurant insurance agents to get the policy best suited to your needs and your budget.

Some policies will provide protection for things like loss of stock due to a power cut, damage or injury while on your grounds (say in the car park) and loss of earnings due to the restaurant having to be closed after a flood or a similar insured risk.

Do you have a children’s play area? Again, adequate insurance is important to protect your younger customers.

All of these are things you need to consider when deciding what cover you need.

Will this be all the insurance I need?

No, legally you’ll also need employer’s liability insurance, which protects people who work for you, regardless of whether you pay them for that work or not. This is especially important in the hospitality sector as many of your employees will probably be temporary or part time because of the nature of the work.

You will also need public liability insurance as you are inviting the public onto your premises and to protect you for compensation claims that could arise from injury to them or damage to their property while at your restaurant.

For more information regarding this insurance, call us today on 0121 507 8706 or email any queries or enquiries to

For a FREE, No Obligation quote, call us on 0121 507 8706
Alternatively, click the Get a Quote button to get started

Our other products include:

Construction & High Risk Insurance
Landlords & Religious Buildings
Motor Fleet & Trade
Public Liability & Professional Indemnity
Shop, Office & Retail
Haulage, Marine & Freight
Aviation & Airside Insurance
Leisure & Hospitality

Birmingham Office

RBA Commercial Insurance Ltd
Gill House
140 Holyhead Road
B21 0AF

Tel: 0121 507 8706

Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. FCA No: 928009

RBA Commercial Insurance Ltd
Company Registration No. 09148855

© 2021 RBA Commercial Insurance. All rights reserved.

Website by Make it Seen Media